Title: Graduate Accounting Intern
Semester: Fall 2014
Compensation: Not specified
Applicable Majors: Accounting
Applicable Years: Graduate students only
State Street's Fund Administration Division has an internship opportunity for graduate level students with the internship beginning in September, 2014. The internship schedule is part time working approximately 20 hours a week or more, with a flexible schedule working in Kansas City.
State Street is seeking individuals with an accounting focus as the position will be to support our Financial Reporting business within Fund Administration. The positions will be entry level roles within the organization and include a vigorous training program for selected students. Some examples of the types of tasks to be performed in the position are the following:
* Perform the following functions to facilitate financial statement preparation: input various data elements and comparison of financial data related to prior period financial statements, maintain security detail in financial reporting database.
* Responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly financial information in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements. Perform reconciliation steps of financial statement information to Fund Accounting records or other supporting documentation.
* Prepare first draft of semi-annual and annual Form N-SAR regulatory filing; research client questions using SEC filing instructions and internal procedures.
* Maintain well-documented organized work papers and client files.
* Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
* Working towards a M.S. degree in Accounting, Business or related field.
* Some hands-on experience with securities processing, general ledger accounting and financial statement review preferred but not required.
* Advanced MS Excel skills, along with the ability to learn customized technology quickly.
* Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
* Ability to work in a deadline oriented group with peak period workflow.
* Available 20 hours per week between September and December, 2014.
* Enrolled in graduate program (preferably MACC) with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Application Instructions: Apply Online