Semester: Fall 2014
Applicable Majors: Marketing, Communications, related
Nonprofit theatre seeks enthusiastic intern! Become a part our passionate and vibrant department while getting hands-on experience in arts marketing. The intern chosen for this competitive position will need strong critical thinking skills and excitement about sharing live arts with our community.
Interns are full members of our department, welcome in meetings and brainstorming sessions. Your internship mentor will provide training, guidance, and professional knowledge in the field of marketing and communication. Projects will emphasize community relations, digital marketing, content creation, and advertising.
Our ideal candidate:
· College sophomore, junior, or senior
· Preferred majors: Marketing or Communication (PR, journalism, mass media, etc.)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office on a PC
· Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, with a working knowledge of other Adobe Creative Suite programs (preferably including Premiere Pro) on a PC
· Have great writing and communication skills (preferably with samples of student newspaper writing and/or other clips)
· Love marketing/PR and have a passion for the arts
Sample Intern Duties:
· Research and analyze keywords for PPC advertising campaigns
· Assist with trade shows and community events
· Provide support to social media efforts
· Create original behind-the-scenes content (written and multimedia)
· Prepare promotional slideshows for lobby screens
Commitment: 10-16 weeks, 10-25 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends may be requested for special events.
Compensation: College credit through your department. Free theatre tickets. Invaluable portfolio samples. An impressive resume builder.
Application Instructions: Send a cover letter, resume, and link to online portfolio (optional, but encouraged) to Andi Enns at firstname.lastname@example.org.