Company: KC Pet Project
Title: Marketing & Development Intern
Semester: Summer 2014
Compensation: College credit
Applicable Major(s): Marketing, Communication
Commitment: This is a flexible, summer internship requiring 8-16 hours a week and some weekends. This is an unpaid internship.
- Assist Manager of Marketing & Development with daily jobs
- Attend and manage offsite adoption events
- Lead teams of volunteers at events
- Design marketing materials and other graphics
- Help with adoptions
- Write news releases as assigned
- Distribute marketing collateral in the community
- Work adoption events at main shelter, Zona Rosa, and Petco
- Other projects depending on intern’s desired outcome
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of design software including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is preferred
- The ability to write clearly and accurately using proper grammar
- Must be able to work in a crowded, busy environment
- Able to work with the KC Pet Project team
The Marketing and Development Intern should be friendly and engaging. They should be comfortable with handling dogs and cats and have a valid driver’s license. You will be working mainly out of the main shelter location, but some work may be done from home. KC Pet Project is a nonprofit organization that operates the Kansas City, MO animal shelter, caring for nearly 9,000 pets a year. We are the largest No Kill shelter in Kansas City and the 4th largest, open-admission, No Kill shelter in the United States.
The position is 8-16 hours per week.
Send cover letter and resume to Tori Fugate at firstname.lastname@example.org.