Company: KC Chiefs
Title: AV Production Intern
Semester: Fall 2014
Compensation: College credit
Applicable Majors: Broadcasting, Public Relations
This is an unpaid fall 2014 internship with 65 Toss Power Trap Productions, the in-house production arm of the Kansas City Chiefs, responsible for broadcast, episodic television programming, internet content, in-house company projects, spots, and the in-stadium show. The person selected will assist the department with a wide variety of audio and video projects. This intern must have audio/video production experience.
Our HD stadium and television shows, and new ventures in online video programming have taken on tremendous upgrades in philosophy and equipment, and we are eager to keep the ball rolling with young energetic, artistic talent thirsty for experience. We give all interns real world, in-the-trenches experience, opportunities to enhance the department, and great referrals when we see them go. Production intern will shoot video, log, archive, and edit football content and features, and assist in Arrowhead’s control room show. This intern is a functional part of our team and must be coachable to learn proven award-winning philosophies in production. Travel is sometimes necessary and always reimbursed. Approximately 40 hours a week with flexible scheduling.
1. Produce/shoot/edit video elements to be used in-stadium, TV and/or Internet.
2. Assist in the maintenance of Arrowhead Production equipment.
3. Shoot, log, and archive football footage.
4. Projects include: Cheerleader events, local stories, football plays, web video edits and graphics, football practices and press conferences (with the NFL Network) and 10 home football games at Arrowhead Stadium.
1. Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
2. Individuals must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Use of analytical skills to identify and improve performance and program execution will be necessary.
4. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
5. Plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe.
6. Work with others in a professional manner while attempting to achieve a common goal.
7. Must have a working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and have internet research skills.
1. Light office duties and activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
1. Video Production Experience including Writing, Non-Linier Editing (Avid/Final Cut), Camera Operation, Lighting and Audio Set Up.
2. Knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop and/or other relevant Multimedia software preferred.
3. Knowledge QuickTime, MPEG and various audio files (mp3/.wav) preferred.
4. Demonstrate strong creative skills that can be applied to TV, In-Stadium and Internet production applications.
5. Must be a willing and able team player, ready to learn new concepts and processes, and willing to travel for shoots when necessary.
6. Must be able to shoot video. We can train. DSLR/Panasonic P2 cameras a plus.
7. Strong organizational and communication skills.
QUICK FACTS / REQUIREMENTS:
Any relocation fees are the responsibility of the intern.
All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.A.
All candidates must receive college credit for their internship.
This internship is an unpaid position.
HOURS REQUIRED: Minimum of 30 hours per week, ideally 8:30am-5pm Monday - Friday.
Application Instructions: Apply online
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: We only offer internships to those who can receive college credit. If selected, will you be able to receive college credit for this internship?
2. Yes/No: I am available to work a minimum of 30 hours during the fall 2014 semester starting the middle of August 2014 and working through the 2014 season?
3. Yes/No: I am available for weekend and evening work if necessary?
4. Yes/No: I understand that this is an unpaid internship.
5. Are you a current college athlete? If so, what sport?