Company: Kansas City Repertory Theatre
Title: Marketing Volunteer Intern
Semester: Summer 2014
Compensation: College credit
Applicable Major(s): Marketing, Communications
Do you love the arts? Do you love marketing and public relations? Kansas City Repertory Theatre is the metro’s premiere nonprofit theatre. With over 100,000 patrons and 10,000 students attending performances annually, KC Rep is one of the largest theatres in the region.
KC Rep has a fast paced work environment and we seek talented employees and volunteers who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate is a college student with writing experience and enthusiasm for new projects.
What You Will Learn:
- The basics of audience segmentation
- Planning a media buying campaign
- Creating digital media strategies and content
- Direct marketing through events
- A college sophomore, junior, or senior
- Creative and enthusiastic
- Great writing skills (preferably with PR or journalism samples)
- Organized, and with an ability to re-prioritize on the fly
- Loves live arts and loves marketing
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere Pro
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
The position begins June 2, 2014 and ends August 8, 2014 (10 weeks). You are expect to work 15-20 hours per week.
Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Andi Enns at email@example.com.