Title: Marketing & Communications Intern
Semester: Summer 2014
Applicable Majors: Marketing, PR, related
HappyBottoms was founded in 2010 as Kansas City’s diaper bank. HappyBottoms serves as the main source of diapers for many organizations through diaper collection and distribution. Our mission is to provide diapers to low-income families through our partner agencies, thanks to financial and in-kind donations, while raising awareness about the need for diapers in our community. Since our inception, HappyBottoms has distributed over one million diapers in our community. We are seeking a summer intern to focus on marketing and outreach to increase visibility and awareness of HappyBottoms. The goal for this position is to work 24 hours per week for this upcoming summer.
• Create an awareness campaign for Diaper Need Awareness week with calendar of events, promotional materials, and proclamation templates.
• Work with Executive Director(ED) and Board communications chair to develop campaign and media plan. • Working with ED, plan breakfast meeting for all partner agencies’s to discuss diaper needs. Create communications, track invites and RSVPs.
• Working with Board Communications Chair and agency partners, create, film and edit impact videos. • Write and maintain a summer blog.
• Engage in media outreach.
• Assist with fundraising efforts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience developing marketing campaigns, timelines and materials
• Experience with social media campaigns and website management
• Strong written and oral communication skills (samples will be sought)
• Strong commitment to community empowerment and nonprofit service
• Ability to work with all levels throughout organization including board, staff and volunteers
• Graphic design skills
• Ability to work independently and problem solve
• Ability to collaborate
Application Instructions: Apply Online