Company: Family Service and Guidance Center (Topeka, Kan.)
Title: Marketing/Public Relatons Intern
Semester: Fall 2014
Applicable Majors: Marketing, advertising, mass media, graphic design, communications
Applicable Years: Juniors, Seniors
Family Service & Guidance Center, the Midwest’s leader in children’s behavioral health care, is interviewing creative, enthusiastic young professionals to fill a summer internship position with our Marketing and Public Relations team.
The Marketing/PR Intern will assist with the planning and execution of its marketing, advertising, fund raising and public relations functions.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Implementing the agency’s Public Relations/Marketing/Development strategy under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Development.
· Assisting with planning and executing FSGC’s signature fund raising event, the Works of Heart Art
Event and Auction, which raised $88,000 last year.
· Representing the agency at special events.
· Distributing marketing and promotional materials in the community as needed.
· Writing/editing copy for internal and external websites.
Experience in graphics and layout is a big plus.
The intern should be at least a third-year student, preferably majoring in marketing, advertising, mass media, graphic design and/or communication studies. They will work 15-20 hours a week, including the occasional Saturday. The successful candidate must have reliable transportation and must pass Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) and Child Abuse Registry checks.
This internship isn’t about doing the stuff no one else wants to do. For the right person, it’s an opportunity to gain great experience with an outstanding organization and add to your portfolio.
E-mail a letter of application and resume with references to Pam Evans, Director of Marketing and Development, at email@example.com.