Company: City of Olathe, Kan.
Title: Communication Intern
Semester: Summer 2014
Compensation: Paid $10+/hr
Applicable Majors: Marketing, PR, related
Applicable Years: Juniors, Seniors
- Assists in the planning, organization and implementation of a wide variety of projects and activities within the Communication & Customer Service Department.
- Assists with the preparation of media releases and other department communication efforts.
- Assists with digital media (social, web) content management and analysis.
- Researches best practices in government communications and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Maintains positive public relations with all participants and staff.
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Completes special projects assigned by the Communication & Public Engagement Manager or designee. Scope will vary and will generally require computer and technical skills.
- Work primarily follows a routine daily schedule with attendance at some weekend and evening events
- Communicates regularly with supervisor through weekly meetings and informal communications.
- Completion of related duties as assigned.
Application Instructions: Apply Online