Company: Andrews McMeel Universal
Department(s): GoComics, The Puzzle Society, Universal Uclick and UExpress
Title: Marketing Intern
Semester: Summer 2014
Applicable Majors: Marketing, Graphic Design, and related
Applicable Years: Juniors, Seniors
Universal Uclick's Marketing department (an Andrews McMeel Universal company) offers a paid college internship for a Marketing/Graphic Design career path for the summer of 2014.
The Intern will report to the Director of Marketing. The Intern will work an approximate 40 hour per week schedule produced by the intern supervisor in accordance with student's availability, internship objectives, and department needs. The internship is available to provide an equivalent credit hours per sponsoring university's guidelines. The position is available for a 12-week period during spring/summer months, starting approximately Monday, May 19, 2014 and ending on Friday, August 8, 2014.
RESPONSIBILITIES This position will support the administrative and basic technical needs of GoComics, The Puzzle Society, Universal Uclick and UExpress brands, websites and mobile apps, along with comic strip/panel and content properties.
The incumbent will spend the majority of their time assisting with marketing-related projects, which include graphic design, Web writing and editing, website/blog research and posting, project management, promotional campaigns and various administrative tasks.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe PhotoShop, typing, word processing, email, social media and the Internet.
- Writing samples displaying fluid flow of thoughts and an error-free, professional tone.
- Work history that demonstrates a solid work ethic.
- Able to work autonomously, balance and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Attentive to detail.
- Hard-working, self-motivated, poised, articulate team player.
- Acquire an overall view of marketing career paths, targeted at online publishing.
- Design online advertising and images, along with event materials.
- Learn to write descriptively, concisely and persuasively.
- Develop a creative portfolio of work samples to assist in career development.
- Achieve professional development in a business setting.
- Become attentive to detail and demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines.
- Autonomously balance and prioritize daily tasks and ongoing projects.
- 60 hours of college credit
Application Instructions:If you would like to apply for the Universal Uclick 2014 Summer Marketing Internship, please submit your resume and cover letter in a .PDF format by Friday, April 25, 2014 to:
Gene Willis, Director of Marketing email@example.com