Title: Graphics Intern
Semester: Summer 2014
Compensation: Not specified
Applicable Majors: Graphic Design, related
Applicable Years: Juniors, Seniors
GPA Requirement: 3.0+
ATK Sporting Group is a company that proudly serves the law enforcement, military/government, international and sport shooting markets. As a manufacturer of ammunition, optics, reloading equipment and shooting accessories—as well as a leading producer of tactical gear—ATK Sporting Group meets the needs of its customers by offering technologically advanced products proven in the field. We match the passion and intensity of our customers with our unwavering dedication to products that will perform under the toughest conditions.
Headquartered in Anoka, MN and employing approximately 4,000 people in 12 locations, ATK Sporting Group owns such respected brands as Federal Premium® Ammunition, Weaver® Optics, BLACKHAWK! ®, Champion®, RCBS® and more.
Our Bushnell, Overland Park, KS location is seeking a Graphics Intern, in our Marketing Department to add to our team for the summer of 2014. The Graphics Intern is responsible for assisting and supporting the Graphics team with production, design, photography and administrative projects.
- Update and organize various files on the server and asset database – requires extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop packaging and other marketing communications for all Bushnell brands.
- Assist with photo shoots, packaging mock-ups for presentations, image retouching, etc.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Junior or Senior with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ideal applicant will be enrolled in Graphic Design, Commercial Graphics or related courses.
- Detail & Task- oriented with good organizational skills coupled with strong technical ability and a high motivation to learn.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to write grammatically correct business correspondence.
- Ability to communicate well with others and work in a group setting.
- Experience working with Digital Asset Management software and best practices is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Macintosh knowledge; InDesign CS6, Illustrator CS6, Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Acrobat Professional
Application Instructions: Apply Online